The 2017 Maple Leaf Youth Awards are now closed.
The awards are designed to recognize well rounded British Columbian students who demonstrate an understanding of Canadian identity and have exceptional achievements in two or more of the following:
- Outstanding achievements in Fine Arts, Performing Arts, Applied Arts or Digital Media
- Exemplary contributions to the community – locally, nationally, and or internationally
- Exceptional athletic achievement
Three Awards will be given
- $1,500.00 – First Place
- $1,000.00 – Second Place
- $750.00 – Third Place
The Maple Leaf Youth Awards application package must include:
- Completed application title page must include first and last name, permanent address, telephone number, email, school name and grade.
- July 1st, 2017 marks the 150th birthday of Canada. Write an informative 500 word essay about what you like the most about Canada and what makes it unique from other countries. Include what makes you proud to be Canadian.
- Format must be 11 point Arial font, double spaced margins – 1.5 for top, bottom, left and right. Page size 8.5 x 11
- Copy of a transcript of your current grades (convert letter grades to percentage points if necessary)
- Copies of relevant support documents and / or certificates
- Maximum 6 pieces of artwork per application, DVDS, CDs, and photographs accepted if applicable
- A list of extra –curricular activities and community services, including amount of time spent.
Award nominees will be contacted by phone or email. The award winners will receive a special Maple Leaf Plaque, certificate and an award cheque.
For additional information or questions please contact Monika Soegianto at 604-688-8260 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please download and complete this application form.
You can email your completed application and supporting documents to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Canadian Club Vancouver
102-211 Columbia Street, Vancouver, BC V6A 2R5
Deadline is May 5th, 2017 at 5pm. Applications received past this date will not be accepted.